Click the logo above to begin at the Home page
and also for an unobstructed view of this background image
|SELECT A RADIO STATION FROM THE
BELOW TO VIEW FROM OVER 1700 CHARTS FROM VANCOUVER'S RADIO PAST
|1957 - 1962||1959 - 1967|
|1964 - 1981
|1970 - 1972
|1975 - 1984
|About Me||Surveys Wanted||Links||Acknowledgments||Contact Me|
About Viewing This Site
This site is intended to be viewed on a desktop computer. Fortunately, it also views well on an iPad or tablet of similar size. I do not recommend attempting to view this site on any device as small as a cell phone.
The surveys here are not scans of the originals but rather they have been retyped from the originals, one by one, the old-fashioned way, and this is primarily for clearer reading and to save server space. The surveys have been typed using web-friendly fonts commonly installed in computers running Windows, Mac and IOS . Do not change the default font size in your browser's preferences. If you need a closer view of the text use your browser's "zoom" control.
You will find here an extensive collection over 1700 surveys from the Vancouver radio stations that adopted the "Top 40" format at one time or other. Some series' of surveys have been styled to resemble the originals while other series' have been give original styles. Many of the typing idiosyncrasies and errors that were on the originals have been retained, although some corrections were necessary. Enjoy.
|IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE KEPT INFORMED BY
WHEN NEW ADDITIONS ARE MADE TO THIS SITE
AND I'LL ADD YOU TO THE "UPDATES" LIST.!
Update #30 - May 6, 2020
Since the last Update the following has been added to the Vancouver Top 40 Radio site:
A new section has been opened devoted to C-FUN in the seventies and eighties. This is a separate section from CFUN in the 50s and 60s. You can navigate there through the “Station Selection Page” (aka Page 2). Select from the five radio station icons the one leading to CFUN in the seventies. This will take you to a new Year Index page devoted to those later years. Here you will find newspaper ads from the Sun and Province that herald the return of C-FUN to the pop/rock music format. And you will also find links to the following:
1. CFUN 1978 Index Page - all charts for the year. The page also contains 4 audio files with jingles from the 1970s “You” series.
2. CFUN 1979 Index Page - all charts for the year. The page also contains 2 audio files with Daryl B and Tom Lucas.
MORE CKLG TOO!!
3. CKLG 1978 Index Page - All weekly charts for the year. Plus links to audio with Dan Williams’ last broadcast on LG in June 1979. And a link to audio featuring Fred Latremouille in Dec. 1978.
4. CKLG 1979 Index Page - All weekly charts for the year. Audio: 1979 disco jingle.
On all the CKLG and CFUN charts for the above years there are cross-links to each others’ charts for each given week.
IN THE C-FUN 50s & 60s SECTION:
5. CFUN 1963 Index Page - New audio files including jingles - While the charts for 1963 have long been posted, the Index Page has been revamped and expanded to include a large gallery of 12 jingles and 7 other audio files all of which have not been previously been posted. The jingles are from the same package as the familiar “This Is Vancouver” jingle and if you’re a jingle aficionado you’ll find them interesting. Thanks to Owen Coppin for sending these to me several years ago.
On the same page there are also some sound bytes with Red Robinson, Jerry Landa, Tom Peacock and a very brief clip of former BC Lions Running Back Willie Fleming, who had a weekend show on CFUN for a brief time in 1963.
* * * * * * * * * * *
* * * * * * * * *
Update #29 - March 20, 2020
1. CKLG 1975 - all charts for the entire year
2. CKLG 1976 - all charts for the entire year
3. CKLG 1977 - all charts for the entire year
Audio clips have also been added to the 1975 an 1976 index pages, featuring Roy Hennessy, Gord Robson and Doc Harris.
Audio conversion project:
-For the past few months I have been slowly converting the audio links found throughout my site (jingles, airchecks & montages) into embedded audio players. These audio clips are usually found on the numerous Index pages and Soundathons. With these audio players it simply means you can now click on the player and listen without a new page being opened. But if it should happen that your browser does not support these audio players you can still click on the accompanying text links the old way. The pages completed include:
-CKWX - 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1962
-CFUN - 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1966, 1967 and Soundathons 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
-CKLG - all years where audio is featured.
Still to be converted:
CKWX - 1961
CFUN - 1963, 1965
* * * * * * * * *
Update #28 - January 23, 2020
Vancouver Top 40 Radio has been updated as follows:
1. A new Home page - This has been open since mid-December. The new Home page features a new digital image by artist Bruce Stewart who has re-imagined Vancouver’s Theatre Row and it features both Red Robinson and Wolfman Jack driving in opposite directions along the mall.
2. CKLG 1973 Surveys - now available for viewing.
3. CKLG 1974 Surveys - now available for viewing.
The above two years are complete for the Top 30 singles charts. A few of the Album charts are missing some information. For more information go to the "Surveys Wanted" page.
* * * * * * * * *
Update #27 - December 4, 2019
- CKWX 1957 featuring
-The unpublished charts of CKWX
-The Red Robinson Teen Canteen charts
-Red Robinson aircheck from 1957
-New jingles added
FOR A HISTORY OF THIS SITE
VIEW THE "UPDATES" ARCHIVES
|Return to the Home Page of|